Swoszowice Spa is Poland’s only active spa inside a metropolis. Its sulphur-rich waters and muds have been exploited for over two centuries to treat conditions of the spine and limbs, and rheumatism. It opened in 1811, and the first baths were built by architect Feliks Radwański. The park, with its old trees, is the centre of today’s spa that extends over an area of 7 ha and houses the main pump room, the Swiss Pavilion and a restaurant. It also comprises the main spring, with its characteristic odour that comes from the sulphur. Patients are welcome to enjoy baths and treatment, and visitors – the beauty of the park’s greenery.