Uzdrowisko Matecznego, the former Antoni Mateczny Natural Medicine Institution, stands in a park between Konopnickiej and Wadowicka streets. The beginnings of the complex started in 1898 with a well sunk for engineer Mateczny who obtained the licence to use the waters of the freshly discovered spring for the purposes of treatment. On 25 September 1905, he opened the “Sulphur and Brine Bath Facilities” treating disorders of the motor and nervous systems, the digestive tract, and gynaecological conditions. The complex includes the Krakowianka mineral water bottling plant and its storage facility. Unfortunately, water has not been drawn here since the 1990s.