Bronowice – The name of the district comes from Bronowice Małe village on the outskirts of Kraków which belonged to St Mary’s parish for several centuries. Bronowice was first mentioned in 1244 in a document of the Abbot of Tyniec, which listed it as a farming commune together with Prądnik.
Bronowice was included within the fortifications around Kraków before the First World War, and was only made a part of the city during the German occupation in 1941. It became famous through Stanisław Wyspiański’s The Wedding, a play located in the Rydlówka manor house. The manor house of the Rydel family stands close to the Tetmajerówka mansion, a remnant of the 19th-c. fortifications of Kraków, while the Church of St Anthony replaced the former manor house of the archpresbyter of St Mary’s.